Manuscripts should be submitted as camera-ready. Papers will not be edited before printing. Please read and follow the guidelines below.
Papers should be submitted in PDF through the paper submission system.
They should be studies which have not been published as printed materials and involve worthwhile conclusions or facts concerning refractories. No commercial names are allowed in the technical papers.
Templates to copy and paste your paper are available at the “Final Paper” page.
2. Manuscript preparation
1. Key points
- Volume: A proceeding should not exceed four pages.
- Format: A4 in landscape (W 297 x L 210mm) with margins of: 25mm on the top, 20mm on the bottom, left and right for a proceeding.
- Columns: Two columns with a space of 7mm between them in each page except the title and author’s information on the top of the first page.
(A template attached is available)
- Font: Times or Times New Roman in 11 point except the title.
- Space: The text should be typed in single space with one blank line before the title of each section.
- Indent: One tab before starting each paragraph.
- Title: Centered on the top of the page in 14-point bold-faced type Times or Times New Roman.
- Author’s information: One blank line under the title and the author’s name and affiliation. Put an asterisk (*) after the name of the speaker. One blank line after the author’s name and affiliation.
- Format: 55 lines in two columns rows. (cf. MS-Word template)
- Headings and subheadings: Bold font
3. Figures and Tables, etc.
- Figures and Tables: A figure caption should be shown as “Fig.1” in 11-point bold-faced type on the lower side of each figure.
Photographs and other images should be treated as figures and should not be captioned as “Photo 1”.
A table caption should be shown as “Table 1” in 11-point bold-faced type on the upper side of each table.
- Abbreviations: All brevity codes and abbreviations must be defined when they appear in a sentence for the first time so that the readers will be able to understand them easily.
e.g. 1. LCA (Life Cycle Assessment), PECS (Pulse Electric Current Sintering)
- Units, symbols and mathematical expressions:
The International System of Units (SI) must be used to indicate units. Unit symbols must be block letters, and neither plural forms (such as “hrs.”) nor periods must be used. Combined unit symbols must take the form of a product, for example Pa･s, W･m-1･K-1, m･s-2, kg･m-3.
In order to distinguish between a prefix and a unit symbol, ms-1 (milli-second-1) or m･s-1 (meter per second), middle point ‘ ･ ’ must be used for every unit.
- References: Please refer to the sample.
When a magazine is referred, J. J. Cleveland and R. C. Bradt: J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 61, 478-481(1978).
H. W. Chang and S. K. Rhee: Carbon, 16 17-20 (1977).
When a book is referred, W. D. Kingery, H. K. Bowen and D. R. Uhlmann: Introduction to Ceramics, 2nd ed., John Wiley & Sons, New York (1960) pp. 413-430.
T. L. Barr: Modern ESCA, CRC Press, Boca Raton (1993) pp.121.
- Others: Avoid directly mentioning the brand names of goods. Try to express them using the generic names. Abstract printing will be in black and white.
4. Sample Paper:
Sample papers are available as the templates.
3. Important Deadlines
May 31 (Fri.) , 2019 24:00 (Japan time = GMT+09:00)
Input the ID and password thatyou used in asbtract submission.